- ? Add an American Hornbeam (Carpinus caroliniana) to the wet corner? Decided not to at this point.
- Replace Sweet Autumn clematis that died in winter 2013/2014 on the north alley fence with – same clematis? or different clematis? or different vine(which one?)? Did not replace – some ‘Harlequin’ honeysuckle reappeared.
- Add a ‘Tuff Stuff’ hydrangea (from Cudmores?) to front bed behind ‘Tiny Tuff Stuff’ Done.
- Replace any south alley clematises that winterkill. Did not do – ones on the fence side struggle – does not make sense to plant more there.
- Add more dwarf Iberis to front bed. Could not find any…
- Add back rodgersias under pines near path to compost heap – to replace those that were moved two years ago when the golden boxwood (which died last winter!) was planted in that spot. it appears some are returning from roots left behind – waiting to see if they survive.
- add a ‘Niobe’ clematis to climb into the Ninebark shrub on the south side of the driveway. Done – but I’m not impressed with it….
|Hand tamper tool||1||to compact and level base under brick edging||?
purchased at Cliff’s – very handy tool! (4″x10″ tamper blade)
|American Hornbeam (Carpinus caroliniana)||1||‘wet corner’ bed, placed near rear fence, to line up with center path in oak bed||Connon Nurseries
deferred to 2015
|Bunchberries (Cornus Canadensis)||~6-8||try in several places in backyard to try to find a suitable area for them!||Connon Nurseries
decided not to try them as have never got them to succeed here before
|Hairy Solomon’s Seal (Polygonatum pubescens)||2-3||Along ‘golden path’ area under the pines||Acorus?
could not find a source for them
|Blue-eyed grass (Sisyrinchium montanum or Sisyrinchium angustifolium)||1||for ‘tear drop’ bed||Botanus or divide clump under Japanese wisteria
decided to use dark heucheras instead
|Geranium cantabrigiense’ Biokovo’ and/or G. renardi||1||for ‘tear drop’ bed||Connon
still considering whether to use this in this bed
|Running Strawberry Bush (Euonymus obovatus)||1-2||Under pussy willow, south side of shed, to cover bare ground after marsh marigolds and trilliums go dormant||?
still undecided whether to use this here
|Mammoth Chrysanthemum ‘Pink Daisy’||1-2||Driveway border, near road||Gardenimport – or local nursery?
bought at Nortland
|Limonium latifolium||1-2||herb bed/south side of driveway|| ? Sheridan?
did not buy